Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Year of Dates: August


 Once upon a time, Patrick successfully planned and carried out the perfect proposal.
It was a daylong adventure and by the time it was all over we were hungry!
So we stopped by the Cracker Barrel on the way back to my apartment.
I remember sitting at the table with my beautiful and sparkly ring proudly displayed on my hand for all to see.
I couldn't believe that I was going to be marrying the handsome man seated across the table from me.
Needless to say, the Cracker Barrel makes us a bit sentimental!

We spent our August "Year of Dates" date reminiscing over a country-style dinner.
Afterwards, we headed out to the restaurant's front porch for a friendly game of Checkers.
(It is probably a good thing Patrick and I didn't play Checkers the day of our proposal.
If he'd had known how competitive I get he may have taken the back the ring!)


Between the games available at the dining tables and the super cute store, the Cracker Barrel is the one restaurant I don't mind waiting for food.





Game faces! Although Patrick did not come from a game playing family, since getting married he has quickly become a pro and it is not often I can beat him at anything these days.  I am glad I still have my winning Checkers skills to hold on to!
  
*Read what our "Year of Date" is all about*

No comments:

Post a Comment