Tuesday, July 29, 2014

VIP Visitors

Here in Utah we have a special holiday that takes place on July 24th- Pioneer Day.
It celebrates the day the first group of Mormon pioneers arrived in the Salt Lake valley.
Obviously this holiday is a big deal at This Is The Place Heritage Park, as we are in the business of pioneers!

I spent the 24th on the train and had the special opportunity of giving some VIP passengers a tour.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf along with his wife and immediate family boarded the Jupiter!
I had met President and Sister Uchtdorf before while serving as a YPM in Nauvoo and they were both as warm and gracious as I remembered.
It made my day to help their family celebrate their holiday at TITP.

Well, I was a little nervous that the Uchtdorf family would being visiting the park. I was in a rush that morning to make sure I would be to work on time for their private tour (the Salt Lake Marathon was taking place near TITP) and in the process forgot my lunch. Patrick is such an observant husband and after seeing my lunch still sitting in the fridge and knowing how easily I get "hangry," 
he drove up to the park to deliver my lunch bag to me.
I returned his kindness by taking him on a train tour and sneaking him some kisses from underneath my wide-brimmed hat.
Having my VIP up for a quick visit made my Pioneer day all the more perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment