Sunday, July 6, 2014

FantasyCon

This past week FantasyCon took Salt Lake City by storm.
And I got to experience it all firsthand. 


In October, This Is The Place will be holding an extravagant Witches Ball. 
Members of the Vignette teamed worked a vendor booth at the convention to promote this upcoming event at TITP.


I was excited to wear a ballgown and pretend I had long hair again. (The wig was almost a perfect match to my real hair color.)
I also was looking forward to the people watching and as predicted,
there was never a dull moment.
I saw some of the most amazing costumes and met some of the most interesting people ever.

I ran into lots of friends...

and made some new ones.


Although, I can't saw I am the type of person who would buy a ticket to something like this (despite what you may think due to my theatrical background and the fact I dress up like a princess every weekend),
I really enjoyed my day at FantasyCon.
It was fun to see people go all out with their costumes and then find the confidence to actually wear them in public.
I was inspired by all the different artisans and vendors.  They are so passionate about what they do and many of them make a living selling their super unique products/services/art. That is a dream of mine- to make something artsy to sell at markets and events. 
I just need to find the right first...

Salt Lake is a fun city, alright. Always something unique and exciting going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment