Saturday, April 5, 2014

Lovely Logan



This week I was able to take a quick trip to Logan to spend the day with my sister-in-law, Aubrey, and the kiddos. (Jay was busy with school and work but did manage to make a couple of appearances.)  We had a fun agenda planned, but since Aubrey is still adjusting to being a mommy to a toddler and a newborn, we may have been a little too ambitious. (We didn't quite get around to crafting.) I'll just have to make another trip soon. And I definitely wouldn't mind because Logan is just lovely.

The drive up to Logan was breathtaking. I am a sucker for blue skies and snow-capped mountains!
After getting into town, I took a minute to stop by the temple to walk around the grounds. It was too beautiful of a day not to!




I definitely feel I missed out a bit by not having a sister growing up, but with all brothers comes the nice perk of sister-in-laws! Aubrey and I haven't really had any chances to spend time together outside of family get-togethers, so it was a long overdue girls' day. (Ok, it was a girls' day with children but I still think it counts!)

We wanted to take Grant to the Baby Animals Days that were being held at the American West Heritage Center. It took awhile to get everyone fed and changed and out the door and we began to wonder if it was even worth trying to go. I think we were meant to though because when we got to the Heritage Center parking lot, a women who was pulling out to leave came over to our car with two extra tickets that her group hadn't used and gave them to us. Wahoo!


I think it's safe to say Grant had a good time!
It was definitely a rainboot type of day.
:) Happy feet.
Grant loooooved petting the pigs. He did a great job being "soft."


After visiting the baby animals, we went back to back to Jay and Aubrey's apartment to cook dinner with Aubrey's friend, Sushila. Sushila is from Nepal and she helped us prepare goat meat soup. Since such meat is not readily available in Logan, Aubrey had me pick some up from a middle eastern market in Salt Lake. I had never eaten goat meat before, much less purchased it, so imagine my shock when the man at the meat counter slapped a large six-pound goat leg on the scale and asked, "This is what you want?" I just stared at him for a moment. "I'm not sure. Is that how it always come?" I had to call Aubrey to ask if that's what she wanted because I didn't think she had a pot big enough to cook it in.  In the end, I had the man cut the meat into chunks and I was on my way.

Aubrey is such a great mom. I love watching the thought and energy she puts into caring for her family. She is such an example to me!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment