Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Santa Fe

Patrick and I just got home from a week long trip to Texas to visit his parents and brother.  We drove.  We figured in total we spent apx. 42 hours  in the car.  We're thinking it might be awhile be for we take another long roadtrip.  To make the long drive bearable, we stocked up on audio books, good food and snacks, and made sure to stay the night in interesting places.  I am pretty much obsessed with adobe homes and southwestern artwork, so I was happy to spend our first night in Santa Fe.  And as any musical theatre nerd would, I made sure to play the song "Santa Fe" from Newsies as we entered the city.


By the time we got to Santa Fe, most of the shops downtown were closed. We still wandered around a bit and then had a delicious dinner at Zia Diner.



Isn't this church just beautiful? We walked around it in the evening but I really wanted to see it in the daylight so Patrick drove by it for me on our way out of town the next morning.

This was my second time in Santa Fe.  Both times were very short overnight visits.  There is so much to see. I hope I can get back again soon for a proper visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment