Friday, January 31, 2014

A Year of Dates: January

When I asked Patrick what he wanted for Christmas, there wasn't too much on his list.  He is the epitome of a minimalist and will only buy or keep what he absolutely needs.  I didn't want to give him something that would just get put on the shelf and forgotten. I had to get creative... Since we love date nights so much, I planned a special outing for each month.  To keep track of and remember our dates after, I made a little scrapbook. Each page lists what we will be doing for the month and has a blank space for a photo or two.  We had our first date earlier this week and I think it is safe to say the gift is a hit!


Patrick played Charlie Baker in his high school production of  "The Foreigner."  (How I wish I could find a recording of his performance!)  "The Foreigner" is an all-time favorite play of mine.  I first saw it during my summer interning at the Taproot Theatre Company in Seattle.  I laughed so hard I was literally in tears!  I knew seeing Hale Centre Theatre's production would be a fun way to kick off our year.

A peak inside our scrapbook. (The "Before.")
The completed January page.

HCT's production of "The Foreigner" was delightful. While all the cast members were wonderful, our favorites were two of my theatre friends, Bryan and Oran. If the show didn't close tomorrow I'd be tempted to go again!

2 comments:

  1. Love this Mandi! You were always such a creative soul. I am hoping someday I can watch you perform. This year will be my 50th birthday so I will have to put that on my birthday year bucket list I have made! Ann Newell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep you updated as to when I am performing in case there is ever a opportunity for you to catch a show. I would absolutely love that! I hope you are doing and have many fun adventures on your bucket list!

    ReplyDelete