Thursday, December 19, 2013

Happenings

There is always so much to do during the holidays.  I know that when I am too busy, it takes away from the true reason we are celebrating.  I am trying to prioritize what we do and focus on during Christmas.  Here are some recent happenings...

THIS IS THE PLACE


A group from church got together to visit This Is The Place Heritage Park's Candlelight Christmas event.  It was a cold and snowy and perfectly Christmas-y night!  Because I am in the Primary, I haven't had many opportunities to get to know people over the age of 11 in our ward.  I was so happy to be able to make some new friends.  That was the best part of the evening.  Meeting Father Christmas and having our photo taken with him was a close second!

UCT'S BABES IN TOYLAND

Allison and Mandi (aka Pudge and Grizzila)
Beautiful and talented Angie and her darling girls.
Many families see "The Nutcracker Ballet" or "A Christmas Carol" as a yearly holiday tradition.  My Christmas show of choice is the Utah Children's Theatre's production of "Babes in Toyland."  It is so fun and bright!  I have either been involved with or seen the production the past 5 years and I highly recommend it for all!  It was great to meet up with my "sister" Allison to go to the show together. (We played the step-sisters in "Cinderella." Click here to see my transform into an ugly step-sister!)

UTAH JAZZ



Okay, so basketball isn't a holiday only event but we recently went to a game so I am including it in this post.  (The Jazz Dancers wore red and green outfits so there was a hint of Christmas there!)  It was my first time to watch a game with the new Jumbotron screens.  I was so excited when my boss from Dancing Moose and her cute son were featured on the screens during the shake-your-keys bit.  They were even the winners!

Christmas is less than a week away... I think we still have time for a few more holiday outings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment