Friday, September 6, 2013

The Leonardo

On Labor Day, Patrick and I took a little trip to downtown Salt Lake to visit The Leonardo: A Utah Museum for Science, Technology, and Art. We had tickets for their special exhibit, 101 Inventions That Changed the World. 

 

Museums are so fun! And good for your brain! I wanted to pick the one invention that I couldn't live without but truly I couldn't imagine what life would be like without almost every single invention that was featured.  Even the inventions that I didn't really know what they were... I'm sure they've impacted my life somehow!

As promised on the Leonardo website, the exhibit truly was a multi-sensory experience.  I especially enjoyed the SENSORY4 which featured 40 high definition projectors.  I kept trying to take pictures of it all but you really just have to experience it in person.


It was neat to see how the kids reacted to the SENSROY 4. They were dancing to the background music, chasing the graphics, and excitedly exclaiming at their favorite inventions.

The invention Patrick couldn't live without...

There were displays of each invention and interactive computers where you could learn the history behind everything.


There was even a "hands-on" exhibit; Legos!

It's a camera. Can't you tell?

After finishing with the special exhibit we checked out the rest of the museum.
Patrick using his manpower to power the TV. I think that's how it should work in real life... It you want to watch TV you have to pedal the whole time to keep the TV on. That would whip us into to shape. Or just keep us from watching TV.

Making a stop motion video of a robot-man riding on a dog.  It was actually pretty good!

Handsome.
After such a nice morning at The Leonardo we had to finish off our date equally well. We made a quick stop at Gourmandise, The Bakery. Gourmandise has a special place in my heart, and not just because the food is amazing-which it is, but because it was there that I had a conversation with my friend Kim (aka The Matchmaker) about marrying Patrick.  After that conversation I knew without a doubt he was the one for me!  And there's your happy story for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment