Sunday, May 5, 2013

Charlotte's Web


I was so excited to audition for CHARLOTTE'S WEB.  The book has always been one of my favorites because of my years as a 4-Her raising pigs.  I loved my pigs!  They all had so much personality and I would grow very attached to them.   It was always a sad day when the 4-H fair came to an end and it was time to say goodbye. 

The story of CHARLOTTE'S WEB has so many wonderful and colorful characters.  I would have been happy to play any part.  The one role I didn't ever consider myself being cast as was Wilbur, the pig.  Patrick and I laughed so hard when the casting list was posted.  Mandi Marks as Wilbur?!  At least I could draw upon all my former pig experience!


We had a fantastic opening weekend.  I was so happy to have Patrick, Jay & Aubrey, and my first roommate, Lisa P (+ her husband and 3 kiddos), attend performances this weekend.  They all enjoyed the show and were entertained to see me running around the stage in my fat suit snorting!  (I am not a natural snorter- It seriously took a lot of practice to train that nose of mine!)

 

I absolutely adore the Utah Children's Theatre.  They put on top-notch family entertainment.  If you haven't been before you really must come.  The friends I've introduced to this theatre keep bringing their friends and family back for more.  I hope I have many more opportunities to be involved at UCT on and off stage.

And now for a little review from Patrick...
"There are classic children's stories that capture the heart and imagination of every boy and girl, and then there's Charlotte's Web.
"Brilliant"
"Spectacular"
"4 Stars"
"2 Thumbs (or hooves) Up"
"If you never see another show in your life, I beg you to see this one"
"Mandi Marks is the next big thing"
But seriously, the Children's Theatre did a splendid job with Charlotte's Web. Their take on the touching, heart-warming story about a talking pig, a crazy rat and a guy with an axe is simply astonishing. It's the perfect show to put a smile on your face. If you or someone you know have young kids, please entreat them to this show."

PS This was the first show I could include my "sweet and supportive hubby" in my bio.  Oh, how I love him!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it. Looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a sweet little show. Even though it is more for younger children, I think you and Melyssa will still really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete