Saturday, May 25, 2013

A First

One of the many fabulous things about being married includes having lots of firsts.  I love introducing Patrick to activities, places, people, etc. that are special to me.  This week I had the fun opportunity to take Patrick to his first "real" concert! (Real = not in a high school auditorium)

Salt Lake City is a popular stop for many artists and bands.  I've been so lucky to see many of my favorites perform- Ingrid Michaelson, Priscilla Ahn, Jack Johnson, She & Him... just to name a few.  Awhile back I decided that Vampire Weekend's fun and energetic music was some of my favorite and vowed I would go see them the next time they came town.  I was ecstatic when they were announced as Red Butte Garden's first show of the season.  I knew that this was the perfect show to make Patrick fall in love with concert going!


This was my first time at the Red Butte Garden's amphitheater.  It was a gorgeous setting.  We had a lovely spot towards the back on a raised grassy lawn were we could sit and overlook everything perfectly. (But of course we didn't sit still- their music is too fun for that!)


One awesome thing about Red Butte is that they encourage bringing food!  We packed a picnic that included Black Bean Quinoa Salad, Food Should Taste Good Chips (from Costco- the best!) and hummus, raspberry lemonade, and homemade "Reese's Cups" which I made with almond butter, a little honey, Grapenuts, and dark chocolate.  It was lush!


Vampire Weekend put on a fantastic show!  They played all my favorite songs and I loved all the new ones from their album that came out last week.  They had great energy and the bass player was especially entertaining.


Well folks, my plan worked. Patrick said afterward, "That was a great show!" I don't think I'll have too hard of a time convincing him to go to another concert with me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment