Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Year of Dates: July

July was such a busy month and we had to keep rescheduling our "Year of Dates" date for July.
I was beginning to wonder if we would have to postpone it until August (Is that allowed?).
Luckily by splitting the date into two smaller outings we were able to make it happen just before July ended. Neither of us minded having to go on an extra date. ;)

For outing #1, we hiked Ensign Peak.
Patrick and I hiked Ensign Peak once during our dating days but missed the sunset.
(This was just after we had held hands for the first time so I don't think we cared too much because we were too distracted by each other! Ha!)
A return trip went into the "Year of Dates" book.
Our timing this time was perfect and we loved finding landmarks across the valley while
watching the lights in the city appear as the sky grew dark.









Patrick and I stopped about halfway up to the peak. Something had caught our eye and we were standing by the edge of the trail talking.
A family stopped before passing us and asked if Patrick was proposing and offered to take a photo.
A couple years too late! Ha ha!
(Just so you know, a hike was part of Patrick's proposal...)




Part #2 was spent at the Clark Planetarium.
We met up there one day after work.
I love meeting up because I still get butterflies when I see Patrick from across the room.
My original idea for this date was to visit the planetarium to brush up on our knowledge of the universe before stargazing atop of Ensign Peak.
However, we had to reverse the order of things and the sky was hazy the night we hiked Ensign Peak and I think we only counted a total of eleven visible stars.
So things didn't go quite as planned but we didn't enjoy our time together any less.
I mean really, how can I not have a good time when I'm with this guy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment