Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Year of Dates: March

I remember driving by Scheels during its construction and wondering how it would ever be possible to find enough sporting goods to fill a store so humongous.  Then I found out there was a Ferris Wheel inside. And a restaurant, an aquarium, mini-bowling, and much more. It now all made sense.
It seemed Scheels could provide a whole evening of entertainment and so it made it into my 'Year of Dates' as March's outing.

The two "must-dos" on our agenda for the date were to ride the Ferris Wheel and find a treat at Gramma Ginna's Restaurant and Fudge shop. However, as you can see from the photo overload, we found lots of additional things to keep us entertained on our visit...

The 65-foot tall Ferris Wheel.
Patrick was so worried I was going to drop his new phone but I had to get a foot photo.  It's tradition so it was worth the risk (to me, anyway).
Loving the view from the top of the ride.
Patrick was a little nervous when the Ferris Wheel stopped at the very top so I made sure to hold his hand extra tight. :)
The wildlife mountain. Despite what you might think from the goofy pose and expression on my face, I was actually really impressed by the display.


There were several fun scenes set-up specifically for photo opportunities.  I am all about taking silly photos so I was in heaven. I am lucky that Patrick is always such a good sport.
I love that I can say "Merry Christmas!" after each of our 'Year of Dates' adventures.  I am glad this gift has turned out to be such a success, so far.  It's just the best having something special that we can both look forward to each month.


No comments:

Post a Comment