Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Favorite Lady

Last Friday was my favorite lady's birthday.  To celebrate Mom's special day, we had a mother/daughter date.  We saw the movie "Frozen" and split a salad at Cafe Rio. Can you think of a better way to spend a birthday? I can't!

Waiting for the movie to start. We did our best excited faces for the camera.
I am so glad to have a mom who is also one of my best friends.  I look up to her so much and always look forward to spending time with her. (We especially love going on roadtrips!)  Did you know I homeschooled during high school? I mentioned this to a friend not too long ago and she was shocked because she had absolutely no idea.  High school seems like such a long time ago... I guess it just doesn't come up very often anymore.  Anyway, the reason I mention this is because homeschooling was great because it provided me the opportunity to pursue dancing and a bunch of other interests that I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.  It was of course a quality way to receive an education. However, the reason I am most grateful for homeschooling is the extra time it gave me to observe and learn from my mom.  She is amazing when it comes to running a clean, organized, and welcoming home.  My mom works so hard, manages her time extremely well, and makes the most of each and every single day.  She cooked healthy meals for us everyday even though she hates cooking.  She always had time for us kids- she worked, played, disciplined, and taught us well. And she is just so much fun!  Everyone loves her! 

Here's to another wonderful year, Mom! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment