Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Birthday Boy

*WARNING: PHOTO OVERLOAD. SOMEONE HAD A BIRTHDAY AND HIS WIFE LIKES TO DOCUMENT EVERY MOMENT WITH THE CAMERA*

This week was Patrick's birthday.  Here is a blog post with lots and lots of photos of the birthday boy man. I always look forward to my own birthday week, but I get even more excited to help celebrate someone else's special day.  Planning and scheming is just too fun!

The day started with breakfast at Kneader's.  We had been needing an excuse to go and try their unlimited french toast.
For my birthdays, Patrick has put together little scavenger hunts where I  follow clues to find my gifts.  It is always very fun so I decided to put together one for him, too.  I think it has become a family tradition!

I put papers in balloons.  He had to pop the balloons and then piece the papers together.

Here he is carefully removing tape from the papers.  Oh, the anticipation! 

The papers formed a note with "Handsome Hubby" on it which led him to the catchall baskets we have hanging in the kitchen.  There he found a the key to our storage unit and a flashlight since it was very dark outside.

Inside the storage unit was Patrick's stash of birthday gifts.

New leather gloves, salted chocolate caramels, and a little display plaque I DIYed to show off one of his missionary badges.

It was only fair that the birthday boy man got to choose the dinner menu- pizza...

and dessert pizza!

Happy Birthday, Patrick! 




2 comments: