Friday, March 1, 2013

Our "Grand" Adventure

Whenever someone finds out that Patrick and I are newlyweds,
 we are usually offered a piece of marital advice.
One of the most common pearls of wisdom is to make the most of the time we have as just the two of us.
I completely agree with this advice.
While we wish we could spend all our time taking foreign trips and eating out at romantic restaurants every night, that is completely unrealistic.
That said, we still find ways to enjoy every second of our new life together.

We decided since we can't fly off to England (our would-be dream honeymoon destination), we can make the most of the little things around us.
We can take shorter trips to places nearby, like Moab or St.George,
or even take a stay-cation right here in SLC.

Patrick has always wanted to stay the night at the Grand America.
He has a friend who gave us a discount on a room and we had one last wedding gift card so we just decided to go for it!

If you haven't ever been to the Grand America you must at least go and walk around, visit the shops inside, and eat the amazing (and free!) chocolate chip cookies.
Until you plan your very own Grand adventure,
enjoy the photos from ours.


Everything was extremely fancy, which should be expected considering it cost $800 million to build the Grand America.

We may have looked a little out of place amongst it all!

Our room.  My only complaint was that the pillows were almost too soft! Don't worry, I got over it.

The view from our room on the 24th floor.

It was a long elevator ride up and down from the 24th floor! Picture time!

I loved the JOUJOU toyshop inside the Grand.  I wanted to buy all the toys... for me.  Yep, they were that fantastic!

Outside of JOUJOU that had these awesome window displays depicting different fairy tales.
Creating window displays is a dream job of mine.


We both loved all the tapestries hanging in the Grand.
And Patrick also loved posing in all my pictures. Right, Patrick?

The courtyard. 

Always have to have at least one "stretch-your-arm-as-long-as-you-can-and-take-your-own-picture" together.

Patrick enjoying his time at the Grand very, very much.
I practically had to drag him away from the hotel.
I have a feeling we will have to find an excuse to go back (hopefully soon)!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the grand America! That's where my dad works. And yes, it's super fancy! My favorite memory of my first tour there was whenAnn Holding took me into the Men's restroom!! It's super nice! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought of you because I knew your dad works there. I am jealous, I did not get to see the men's restroom. I am sure it is posh!

    ReplyDelete