Thursday, March 22, 2012

Park City Girls' Weekend

If you don't count the one time I spent in Park City for less than an hour to attend an audition, or the time when I somehow ended lost in the middle of Park City late, late one night driving home from a ward camp-out, then this past weekend was my first official visit to PC.  I have to say that after only two days there, I am a little bit charmed!

My friends Heidi and Kayla decided they wanted to get out of town for the weekend and Park City was just the place to go.  I was so happy they invited me along because I've really been wanting to visit PC but I've just never managed to in the 4 years I've lived in Utah. Besides that, what two other friends would I rather spend a weekend with?

We stayed at the Best Western, window-shopped, had dinner at The Bandit, sat in the hotel hot tub (which was more like a warm tub), and watched a marathon of "House Hunters" on Saturday.  Sunday morning we woke up in time to get ready for church.  Our wards meet at 9am and we didn't want to rush home so we decided to visit our old Bishopric (who now preside over the Canyon Ward) since they don't meet until 1pm. (Truthfully, we just miss Bishop Rondeau and his counselors so much that we are always looking for an excuse to crash their ward).

It was about as perfect as weekends come and just the little getaway that we all needed. I am already planning a return trip to Park City.  Swiss Days anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment