Sunday, November 2, 2014

Patrick's Birthday!!!

Patrick had a birthday! I was very excited about this because I love any chance to I get to celebrate this awesome man!


Sometimes I think best in themes.  So my gift-giving theme this year was "Things That Remind Me of Partick."
Inside his birthday card I had written some words with missing letters and he had to fill in the blanks to figure out what 4 things I chose about him before he could open each corresponding present.
Incase you're curious... basketball, cars, skinny ties and colorful socks, and pizza remind me of Patrick!


We went and grabbed dinner at the new PizzaRev that recently opened at the Valley Fair Mall.  
We thought the customer service was fantastic.  The employees were super friendly and eager to help.
PizzaRev reminds me a bit of Subway. You walk down the line and choose your crust, sauce, cheese, and unlimited toppings.  
We were both quite pleased with our pizzas.
(The gluten-free crust I had to order was definitely one of the best I've found, so far.)



I gathered up some potential recipes for Patrick's birthday dessert and he choose the Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes from the "Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites" cookbook.
These peanut butter cupcakes have a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup baked in the middle and are topped with a peanut butter and chocolate swirled frosting.
They were a hit with the husband!


Patrick wanted a night in on his birthday so we watched an episode of our favorite show, "Shark Tank."  October had been a super busy month and we hadn't had a lazy night at home together in awhile so it was the perfect ending to our little celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment