Tuesday, June 17, 2014

End of the School Year Summary

I wanted to write a detailed post about my experience this past school year as a "travelling teacher." (That's the best title I could come up with when people would inquire what I do for work.) However, from the moment my last class of the school year ended, I have been in summer break mode and haven't wanted to look back.  I am now forcing myself to write a short summary of where and what I taught during the 2013-14 school year because I do want to have some sort of record...

Dancing Moose Montessori School
Zumba Kids Jr, Yoga, Drama, Kindermsusik

Song of the Heart Studios
Kindermusik

Utah Children's Theatre
Musical Theatre (as well as choreographing "Into the Woods Jr." and "Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse")

Stretch-n-Grow
Dance Fusion

In addition...

I continued my princessing with Pirate and Princess Parties,
taught Zumba classes,
and
had an wonderful time volunteering at Turn City for the Arts.

I learned so much this past year and had many memorable moments.
I love so many different things and felt so grateful for the opportunities to share my interests and passions with others.
However, I spent more time than I would have hoped lesson planning and driving so I have committed to trying to avoid ever taking on this many classes at one time again.
I have scaled my teaching schedule back for the upcoming school year and I am striving for quality over quantity. That's one of the reasons I had to make myself write this little post- so that I'd have that goal in writing!

Yoga with "Miss Mandi"
So many lovely thank you notes from my cute students!
One of the things I love about being a teacher. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment