Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Year of Dates: May

Color Me Mine has been on my date wishlist for quite sometime so into the Year of Dates book it went.
Painting pottery together turned out to be just as lovely of an evening as I had imagined.
We enjoyed looking at all the different pieces together and deciding what we needed/wanted most for our home and then choosing the perfect colors. Patrick chose a spoon rest (I had been wanting one forever!) and I went with a vase because I've been hoping to make some paper flowers to add a bit of color to our living room.
I think it was best that we went on this date as a married couple.  I had to concentrate so hard while painting.  I don't think I could have kept up the small talk you usually do when you are on a date trying to get to know someone. I just can't multitask like that!







Patrick is such a good sport about doing crafty projects with me.
Just so you know, we did go home and watch some Top Gear.
We try to take turns deciding what to do together so that it doesn't turn into cake making and crafts every single weekend.

 

Here are the finished projects!
I had the hardest time getting photos that show how nicely our pieces turned out.
You'll just have to see them in person because we are so happy with the results!



2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why Patrick doesn't want to just craft every weekend? That sounds like so much fun :) your projects both turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it is a good thing I still have girlfriends for those moments when crafting isn't quite what Patrick is in the mood for!

    ReplyDelete